BSP receives many requests for support.
At a national level, we partner with organisations that support our strategic commitment to the community, provide reputation benefits and enable our people to be involved in the community.
With a heritage rooted in community support, BSP’s key focus areas have been in the following areas:
BSP is proud to keep to it’s commitment to improve health services in Fiji. We give assistance to awareness programs that support and promote the health and wellbeing of men, women and children through our work with various organisations.
- Fiji Cancer Society
In 2006, the staff of BSP participated in the “Biggest Morning Tea” an initiative of the Fiji Cancer Society to raise funds upgrade the facilities and fund operations of the Cancer Hospice in Tamavua. Funds raised by staff across Fiji amounted to $4,770.
BSP engages in school projects, and programs that will benefit and develop skills and discipline the youth who we recognise and respect as leaders of tomorrow.
- USP Best All Round Male and Female Award from 2000,2001,2002,2004 & 2006
- Xavier College in Ba - Provided Dux Prize since 2000 & equipped the school gym in 2008
Vanua & Community
We are proud to share our successes with the people of Fiji through our support for the development of the communities in which we operate.
- REWA WARD Staff Project- Refurbishment of Women's Surgical Ward @ CWM Hospital in 2008
- United Blind Persons
We recognize sport as a means of bringing together the country, provinces and communities. BSP supports the development of sport in the country.
- Colonial Cup Rugby
- Colonial Farebother Challenge
Colonial’s major sport sponsorship was the Colonial Cup Rugby Competition. This tournament exposed local players to a professional level of competition.
BSP is committed to supporting initiatives that ensure we continue to have a sustainable environment.
- Supported Earth Hour in March 2008 to raise awareness on global warming
- Supported CoolBiz, an initivive by The Fiji Times to reduce the level of carbon emission in our planet
BSP offers support to the more vulnerable members of our society through partnerships with organisations that actively help those in need. These partnerships enable us to offer financial support to those who need it the most.
- Gold sponsor of the Fiji Red Cross giving $10,000 annually
- Gold sponsor to Accor Kids Race to Survive in 2008 - an event to support Cure Kids, an organisation that is committed to research into life-threatening childhood diseases
Each year we celebrate the achievements and contributions of distinguished Fiji Islanders through a number of awards programs. These partnerships recognise the outstanding contributions made within the community.
- 2008 Fiji Media Awards-Sponsor of the Print Category
- 2003-2008 FTIB Exporter of the Year Awards - Sponsored Indigenous Exporter of the Year & Small Exporter of the Year Awards
Submitting a proposal
Requests for sponsorship should be submitted in writing at least two months prior to the activity or program. They should fall within our key focus areas detailed above and need to explain the purpose for which BSP’s support is needed and the value and mileage to be gained by BSP’s involvement.
Please send your written proposal to:
Marketing Officer – Sponsorships & Events
Level 5, Dominion House
Private Mail Bag
Telephone: 3214 348
Requests may also be submitted through your nearest BSP Office
Please allow 21 days for a response to your request.